trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

5.10.2006

Roses are hilarious...

So I have become good friends with a girl in town whose mother owns a very nice flower shop in town. In fact it was the very same flower shop I used to get my flowers from for dances in High School. Now I know you are thinking hilarious, but wait there is more to this story. I realized when talking to the mother the other day, that I not only got my boyfriends flower to pin on his lapel, but I also picked out my own wrist corsage, to be picked up and paid for by my boyfriend. Yes I said wrist, I would have never pined a flower on my actual dress. Now do not think that I do not realize how odd this is to pick out my own flower, but the even more almost anal, control freakish thing that I realized while speaking to the woman was this... When we discussed that yes I did pick out my own, and yes I usually choose stephanotis, a relative to the madavilla with a very strong almost gardenia scent, I said to her well if I was going to have to wear it... it had better look good. Now as I said this I revisited the psyche of an 18 year old, and at the same time realized the 33 year old in me could not believe that I actually did this once upon a time. The two battled it out, I cannot tell you who won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home