trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

3.01.2006

Life's a Beach

Today I headed down to South Padre Island with my friend Tracy, it had been a year since I had seen her last. Her son was 14 months at the time and now he was big and running around and playing in the sand. I took pictures of him as he played for the first time in the Gulf of Mexico. I sat and watched as they walked in the water and found myself staring out a the ocean wondering why I do not visit the beach more often. I always thought of myself as not a beach person but the waves are like meditation. They roll in and roll out and before too long you have lost track of time. We had big burgers and a margarita which we could not finish at relatively fast for the land of manana. We drove back listening to Mana and talking about old times and new times, how life changes and how life stays the same. It has been nice to have an old friend down here, sometimes it is the little things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home