trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

3.01.2006

Stolen Sleep

It is 4 AM and I am awake... I miss the ever elusive dreamworld. I have been having trouble sleeping again... this has not happened in years. I decided this time to get up and read, or go get coffee, or go for a walk. I can't think of a place to go get a coffee down here, and my iPod is broken awaiting the return of my iBook. Hmmmmm..... I spoke with the Aussie Danielle yesterday, broke the news to her that I would not be coming to Europe, and sent an e-mail to Irene that I would not be coming to Israel. Yes my trip has been cancelled, at least that is my trip to Europe and Israel. Dottie mentioned that I should now head to Jazz fest, Semana Santa with Jen now seems a reality, and the trip to Alaska could be a possibility as well... As long as the trips are short with time in between. I cannot afford to be away from my trucking company for too long. I dreamt of motorcycles again last night, or this morning which makes me think that was what woke me up. I used to hear Volkswagen vans everywhere I went once upon a time in Austin. I could hear the noise and sure enough there one would be, now I am haunted by the sound of Harleys, they are everywhere it seems down here. I guess the weather lends itself to them being around. The Purple Mountain Laurel in my yard has bloomed and died, and I never pulled some off the tree to smell the flowers. I thought of it every time I drove away from my house and now the I will have to wait another year. I have always thought of Grape Kool-Aid and am hoping to catch it blooming when I head to Austin in a few weeks. As for now I sit in my office surrounded by stacks I have created, trying to put some order to all the paperwork surrounding me. Try creating a filing system for something you know absolutely nothing about. Today I head to the beach with Tracy (in from Colorado) and her son...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home