trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

10.17.2005

How many things can you get done in a day?

I returned from Austin this past weekend, early, so that I could make it home for the Spiderman birthday party I had been invited to. My nephew turned 4 today and yesterday was a birthday party pnata and all and I didn't want to miss it. It was my first visit to Austin since I returned from out of the country. It was nice but oddly enough I didn't miss it... it was not the reaction I had expeted to have. Everything was the same, except for me. I felt as if my life had slowed down. I did miss Central Market and great conversations, but I also like warm breezes and slow paces. Traffic was out of control, and I remembered that Fridays on UT Game Weekends were the worst. People are and always will remain the same. Ashley was married this weekend as the Caswell House and it was as beautiful as I expected. Michelle and Steve were great as usual, Pat you still crack me up, and Russel and Shaun keep on keepin on, Shaun best of luck with your tatoo... I didn't have enough time to do what I wanted to do but maybe those of you with some spare time will head down to the Valley and spend a little quality time eating tacos in Mexico, or watching the still water of the bay from Coconuts or Wahoos some weekend with me.

As for today I thought I could get a lot done but as I was reminded by my grandmother... In Mexico you can only get on thing done a day and you are luck here if you can get three things done. Reporting my debit card lost, digging for receipts, calling the internet guy, the sprinkler guy, getting my insurance card and a two hour wait in line at the tax office later, I realized I could accomplish more if I was ready for total frustration. This was verified by my friend Bobby living here now temporarily, she laughed when I told here I had been using breathing to remain calm in the Tax Office. There was a highlight... An older woman walked in with a VOTE FOR PEDRO trucker cap on. I laughed, and wondered if she knew where the hat came from. It then brought me to my mothers We rent Drunks for Parties (in Spanish) shirt she bought in Mexico. Ahhh the irony... I love it. It is only 9 days until I return to Guatemala, Norm told me that Panajachel is gone. I can't imagine that, San Pedro is gone, this is crazy, crazy weather, everywhere I go....

I will hopefully have Spidey photos and House Photos up soon, I know I have been slackin bad.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home