trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

9.19.2005

Back in the Saddle Again

So I am back in the Valley now, made an offer on a hose that was accepted, looking for work, filling out forms galore for DBE certification, entering an art show to sell some photography, doing a little free lance work, setting up a website for my mom and sister. Funny how you get thrown back into the thick of things, just like I used to be before vacation, with a thousand things to do on my list. I want to get my things out of storage, create a home again, have some order in my life. I headed to Padre this weekend, it was the Mexican National holiday of dies y seis de Septembre, so I felt for a brief moment like I was back in Latin America, but not really because it had all the trapping of the US, such as being able to actually flush your toilet paper and not throw it in the waste bin next to the toilet. I ordered a flor de cana rum and coke, to try and bring back the memories of being stuck in Ometepe Nicaragua but it didn't work. I am excited about selling my photography and have already started thinking about how I can go on my next trip, should I head down to Guate for the November Todo Santos race if I don't have a job by then, should I really consider photo journalism as an option to add to my jack-of-all-trades philosophy to life. Hmmm...

So my new address is going to be 1217 E Crockett, Harlingen, Texas 78550 and phone will still be the same. Don't send anything there until mid-October when hopefully I will be moved in.

Until then I am crazy and hopefully will make it once or twice to central Texas for some visitin' so have the sweet tea made and I'll be stoppin in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home