trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

3.29.2005

Trapped in the Christchurch Airport

I am here in the airport rather than on a plane headed to Sydney, it is too early to call Irene to tell her about my flight but I want to be sure to catch her. I figured I would sleep once I got on the plane but the plane has been delayed 3 hours they are waiting for a part. I always wonder about that waiting to get on a plane that is broken but will be fixed before they take off. What if they don't fix it right? I have begun reading a book a friend Leslie gave me about a woman that travels around the world and all of her adventures, taking Spanish lessons, learning to eat alone, meeting fellow travelers. I am enjoying the book but right now it is making me too sleepy and the flat white I had isn't helping either I am just plain tired. I did notice an inscription that Leslie wrote in the back of the book. Up until this point I had not noticed it. It says "do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment" - Buddha... and then she reminds me that the journey is the reward. I also came across a coaster that I have been using as a bookmark and it also has a quote but this one by the writer Oscar Wilde not the Buddha... Wickedness is a myth invented by good people to account for the curious attractiveness of other.

Danielle has not sent us the e-mail list for everyone on our trip and I worry that I will never meet up with Philipp and Ulrich again. I am also now sleepy, I really want to go to sleep. I found a TV room but instead of sleeping at the hostel for fear of oversleeping and missing my shuttle I watched TV - Sex in the City at 2:30 in the morning. In the scene I watched Carrie was asking if they were just 34 year olds going on 13. I always thought the sex and the city women were so much older than I but in the first few years they were only a couple of years older than I am now.

So does that mean I am in the same boat they are in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home