trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

3.27.2005

Easter Sunday in the Sunday Mountains

Well many of you may have heard of the Sundays... This is where The Lord of the Rings was filmed. It was beautiful. Last night at the 12th hour I decided to book a trip to the mountains and kept my fingers crossed. I went to have a pint with a girl I met from Pittsburgh, she reminded me of myself at age 22. She started asking me all these questions about her boyfriend and wheat she should do, I didn't think I could offer her any thru advice just that he should be good to her and she should voice any concerns she might have. She said she adored him and sacrificed herself for his whims. I felt like her therapist, I always attract the people that want to talk... and I haven't even discussed the poor boy I met from Chicago who had a girl break off an engagement and return the 10,000 dollar ring that he now calls diving the great barrier reef. So Last night was nice one pint and some conversation, I went to bed early and slept 10 hours. I guess I needed it. I also spoke with Irene and I am going back a day early and we are going to possibly hit the blue mountains and maybe do a bridge climb. The hot air balloon is off because the weather in town has been awful. Speaking of weather and keeping my fingers crossed, the weather outside of town was amazing. The sky was blue and beautiful and I took some amazing photos but I cannot get them to download. Usually they say that even if the sky is beautiful the winds can be quite awful up to 100 mph. But not today, this Easter Sunday was beautiful. We went up to the Sundays and to Clear Lake. The drive was amazing... Passing sheep, cows, alpaca etc. I am glad I was able to get out of the city. I am going to meet up with 3 girls I met today Lara from San Francisco, Elizabeth from Canada and Michelle from Colorado. I miss my friends from the Groovy Grape but one again I snagged the from seat next to the driver. I am now 4 for 4 and I recommend this to any traveler. You get great commentary from the driver and learn a lot about the area. Although today Rex the driver and older man laughed hardest at his own jokes and didn't play any music which usually makes the trip a bit more fun. I am going to make one last attempt at uploading a photo. So happy Easter to all!

Easter time is the time for eggs and the time for eggs is Easter time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home