trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

3.28.2005

Leaving for Sydney

I am having as we speak the worst Hostel experience of my life. I am leaving for Sydney at 5:50 in the morning, it is now 1:30 and I can't sleep. I went to bed at 9:30 so that I should get 6 1/2 hours sleep before I woke up for my shuttle ride to the airport but at about 10:30 a new girl checked into my room and for the last 3 hours I have listened to her not snore but make a high pitched noise with every breath. I think I might go upstairs and put a pillow over her head but I would probably get in trouble and at this point the shuttle comes in 2 1/2 hours and it really doesn't make a difference. I guess I can catch a few hours sleep on the plane, maybe I should have taken some Ambien and slept through it but by the time I realized that I had not slept it was too late to get the 6 hours sleep I needed. So I am down stairs sharing my dilemma on blogger. I did meet a really cool girl from Scotland today. Her name is Mary and we thought we were the only 2 in the room so we went out this afternoon and met Tommy, an old Irish Man that lived on the gold coast. Apparently his sister died and left him a large sum of money. He is now traveling around buying food and drinks for everyone in his path, he said you can't take it with you when you die so he bought us toasties (melted ham and cheese) and a pint. He wanted us to stay all night but we left to go get some water and fruit and pack our bags so we could get some rest. Mary is heading north on a 7:00 bus and will be getting up early as well. Oddly enough we share the same birthday and as much as I don't believe in Horoscopes when she described herself I felt as if she were describing me. This is the second Aquarius I have met the other had a birthday the day before me. Quite odd to get along so well with people who share birthdays with me, makes one wonder.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always, always travel with earplugs! Nothing says "leave me alone" better on a flight.

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home