trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

4.09.2007

Paris Day II - Pere Lachaise, Petit Palais & Palak Paneer

Yesterday afternoon I headed back out and decided to venture to Pere Lachaise to once again see Jim Morrison's grave and this time the intention of some others. To my surprise the highlight was Oscar Wilde, whose grave was covered with waxy kisses from women all over the world. 16 years ago, in 1991 the movie the Doors had just come out and the cemetery was filled with young people and rock music all on a pilgrimage to see Jim's grave. Paige and I waded our way to the front and had a seat on the grave of the poor soul placed next to the Lizard King. I placed flowers on his grave and we drank a bottle of wine. I think people actually let us in because we had flowers. I remember someone pouring bourbon on his grave and another person burring a battery. It was fun and I was 18. I had no idea Oscar Wilde's grave existed at the time. Designed by Jacob Epstein and paid for by an anonymous admirer, the grave was vandalized and its prominent penis was removed. After the cemetery closed I headed back to the Marais which was now buzzing. If I ever thought it was popular 2 1/2 years ago it was more popular now. Amazing shops and super crowded so I bought a sandwich and headed to a park to eat and watch the birds and children play, when suddenly a bird took flight and his wing caught my head. It reminded me of Seinfeld when a bird flew into Elaine's head. I had a laugh. I then headed to the Petit Palais and watched people play on the striped columns finally deciding to head back to my apartment. The girls I am staying with decided to pick up Indian food and I had some yummy spicy Palak Paneer. Yesterday, in Paris, it was all about the love (Check out the photos). The weather is amazing and everybody was out enjoying Easter. I personally have been walking and walking and walking.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home