trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.10.2005

You better Belize it... the reef part one

I am hot right now so I am going to make this quick. Today I went out on the reef it was amazing. I saw a ton of fish, some nurse sharks, played with the sting rays, saw a manatee, and a giant turtle. What a day I chased the manatee for a while it was super cool and right after that chased the giant turtle until our guide touched his back and then he was gone. Other than that I have been sick with a head cold for about 3 or 4 days and I think it is finally over, thanks to vitamin C, sudafed, V-8 and my AC room with cable. OK, so I splurged, but I wasn't in the mood to be sick and sweat at the same time. Tonight is my last night in Belize, I have decided to leave early and head for Tikal, it will be my first time to travel alone in Central America, but after almost 6 weeks I feel ready, and I think it is time. I have been trying to figure out what to do now that things have changed and some alone me time is what the doctor ordered, at least for now. I am taking it day by day. After Tikal, which I plan to do super early Friday morning before it gets too hot I will be heading back to see Norm and come up with a plan, I should be there Saturday or Sunday and will probably at least stay though having my clothes washed by the Mayan woman down the dirt road and/or Wednesday so I can see the kids again. I need to pick up a book about traveling in Central America and a book to read (now that I have no music). I might have to spend some time in Guatemala City but I am hoping that I don't, keep your fingers crossed for me. I will write more hopefully tonight or someplace where the heat is not as oppressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home