trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.27.2005

A travelers tale

I realized the other night while lying in bed wide awake because the people above me had just come in and were drunk, laughing and clunking around in what sounded like wooden shoes from the Netherlands, that traveling is like having people in your house at all times, yet it is not your house and everyone knows when you go to the restroom, or to the shower, what time you go out in the morning and come home in the evening. So it got me to thinking, I had a bit of time for thinking while person X told person Y in Spanish about his experiences that evening with the women he so lovingly referred to as putas*... I am guessing that things did not go so well for him this particular evening. Ah yes, so I was thinking... imagine someone always living in your house, like Lazlo in Real Genius, the guy that lives in Val Kilmer's closet. Imagine people whom you didn't invite over using your shower.

The other day while Pink Floyd was playing I overheard a young girl staying at my current place of residence say to her friend, oh don't you just love Led Zepplin. Oh yes, and if it were playing right now that would be even better I thought to myself... not that I expect people to know this bit of information but I thought it just the same.

Who are all these people in my house........

* as defined by Urban Dictionary:
1-(literary, official) a prostitute, bitch.
2-(vernacular, male) a woman who refuses to do what you want.
3-(vernacular, female) a woman you suspect of having a better sex life than you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home