trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.18.2005

Amoeba is a four letter word

Well I am finally able to function again. I woke up this morning and felt well enough to eat a small piece of pan dulce and a glass of water. I went to bed early on Tuesday night because I felt tired and achey, then I woke up at around 3 AM because I felt terrible, the progression was slow but by morning I was full on sick and begged Norm to take me to the doctor. I had taken a few things for nausea but none of them were working. I began to miss my bed and chicken soup and all the comforts of home. After a short bumpy taxi ride to the doctor, a shot in the bum, and lots of unknown pills, I found myself checked into a hotel room, although I am not sure why because the hot water was not working and my thought was to take a hot shower to get rid of the chills and lower my fever. Around 9 PM Norm moved me to a Peace Corps Volunteer´s house that seems a lot more like home and we rented movies and I curled up hoping the pain would go away, sure enough this morning it was gone, and I feel like a normal human again, although now I am afraid to eat anything that is not prepackaged. I am trying to make decisions on what I need to do and I am looking into Spanish school in Argentina and Chile, I am not sure what the best decision would be for me. I found out another friend is pregnant, I have so many new babies to see upon my return. That leaves me trying to answer the question should I keep trying to fight the fight from here or return to family and friends and come up with a new plan. If I decide to head further south I will be leaving in about a week, which I am ready to do but once I go then I am that much further away from home. Decisions, decisions.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home