trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.24.2005

The tide is high but I´m holding on....

I´m not the kind of girl who gives up just like that...Soooo is deciding you want to come home giving up or changing your mind about how long you wanted to travel. That is the decision I am trying to make right now. I have been sick twice, robbed once, lost a bag once, program cancelled and trying to fight the good fight from a 3rd world country. Luckily I am now in Antigua (for the 3rd time) and I headed to an Israeli establishment last night and found solace in a glass of Red wine and a plate of hummus with pita. I miss options, rice and beans isn´t all it´s cracked up to be. My dilemma is this, spend the money to fly to Ecuador and decide I would have rather gone home and the price to Ecuador is very close to the price to fly to Ecuador from the states, so I cold logically rationalize that I could save the money and always go later, yes rationalize. Last night I watched part of Troy, um yeah if you didn´t see it don´t run out to the DVD store now, except there are some hot chicks in it and if the Brad Pitt without shirt does something for you or the Orlando Bloom being sensitive does something for you then by all means run don´t walk. Then after that Sweet home Alabama came on (there is a bar that plays continuous American movies for homesick travelers and half assed Antigua Language students and today they are playing the Big Lewbowski at 4) So I watched the movie and I though... is this movie telling me to go home... you know I think I am at a point where I could find a sign in just about anything. Next I have to call American Airlines and see if changing my flight is even an option and tomorrow I head to the Chi Chi market, anyone need anything from Guatemala?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home