trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.15.2005

It's good to be here...

I made it back to Comalapa to find Norm sitting in a hammock, he was supposed to go out of town to a Mayan ceremony but when he found out I was coming back he waited for me. He also mentioned that he had been invited to Pana for the weekend but wasn't sure I was in the mood for that since I had just flown in and taken an hour and a half taxi ride to Comalapa. I said actually I was in the mood but only if we could also head t San Pedro or San Marcos la Laguna, because that is where I would rather go it we headed to Lake Atitlan. So right now I am having a coffee at an Internet cafe in San Pedro, I really do love it here. After running errands and visiting with my parents on the phone we headed to Panahachel and found out it was a holiday weekend, the streets, bars, & restaurants were packed with people from Guatemala City and Xela and there wasn't much room for anyone else, however we met up with some Volunteers and managed to find a table and sit down for a nice dinner, after that we convinced the Tuk Tuk drivers to race down to the lake and back, unfortunately for racing purposes (but big on safety) our extremely cautious driver came in last both times once yielding for another team to pass. Oh well the next morning we met up with everyone for breakfast and headed to San Pedro, a nice little village with amazing views of the lake and cozy restaurants and winding dirt paths. The four of us had dinner and drinks at a wonderful place Zoola sitting in the cgarden with candles on the tables, and then headed to the Buddha Bar to sit on big couches with views of the lake and on to Barrio an outdoor bar with seating around fire pits and great nachos. I think we should be leaving today to head back to Comalapa to get some work done before the kids come on Wednesday. Other than that I am investigating plans to study Spanish here and possible document the Todo Santos Race in November. Happy Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home