trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.12.2005

Flores, Tikal and why I love Guatemala

Well I am now back in Guatemala, Flores to be exact and my room costs 8 dollars a night, dinner and two beers cost 6. Isn´t that wonderful? So today I went to Tikal, I made the 5 AM bus so that I could get there before the crowds which was smart, but it was bad for photos, the morning sun creates horrible shadows for Temples and makes the sky not as brilliant blue as later in the day. Well that is the breaks I guess, I have to admit that I liked Chitzen Itza better for what was there and Tulum better because of where it was, but I guess now I know the difference. Tikal was the largest Mayan settlement and had over 100,000 people living at it, so I had to go and they say that it really gives you the feeling of what it was like to live ther because it is still a part of the jungle and so many animals are around, which is true, I still liked the others better. Other than that as I said I am glad to be back in good old GTA, tomorrow I fly to Guatemala City... Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad... and then I will head back to Norm´s for a bit. I think I have decided to study two weeks in San Pedro La Laguna and then two weeks in Xela, then back to Norms for a brief visit and onto South America hopping over Belize and Panama, to be done at a later date... as in not this trip. Then I will get to South America the beginning of October end of September and have 2 1/2 months to travel and hit some language schools down there, possibly in Ecuador and/or another country yet to be decided. I am wondering what many of you are up to, send me info and Leslie Good Luck with the Alaska move. Until the next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home