trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

3.21.2005

Leaving for the Great Ocean Road in the Morning

Well I made it through Adelaide with more that I could have expected. Jan and John picked me up yesterday and took me to their coastal village about 30 minutes away. We sat outside at a Bar/Restaurant called The Palais and watched the sun set over the ocean while a band played and we drank wine. After that we went to the hotel that John works at (to keep him busy in his retirement) to have dinner. We started with oysters on the half shell, they were huge and delicious but they didn't offer crackers or have them anywhere in sight. Dinner was also amazing we had salmon with Cajun spices and a wonderful tomato relish on top. I have noticed the presentation is beautiful and I keep wanting to photograph my meals, even at the tiny places we eat at. They made me a bed in their guest room, put some tea on, and after watching a bit of Four Weddings and a Funeral I fell asleep. The next morning Jan and I took their two dogs for a walk on the beach, and visited, she told me she is clairvoyant. We then went to a precious place called FROOT and had lattes and a big brecky. I had a grilled tomato, spinach and two fried eggs and have a piece of toasted french bread. The rest of the day we spent driving around along the coast and all the way up to Mount Lofty where you can see the entirety of Adelaide. It was there that I found out Adelaide and Austin Texas are sister cities. We drove in a POSH area that supposedly Mel Gibson has a house and ended up at the marina where all the beautiful privately owned boats were docked. I ordered a mezza plate and we nibbled on the food while we sat in the sun. The sun is intense here, just one meal later and I was red again. Jan said it was because there is an ozone hole over Australia. We came back into the city right at the end of the evening, I came back and took a nap. My allergies are getting the best of me here. I have finally bought some medicine and hope to nip this in the bud. I tend to wait a bit too long before I take medicine. I am taking it easy because I will be on a bus for the next three days. The drive along the Great Ocean Road takes about 12 hours and we will be stopping at many places along the way. Apparently it is a beautiful drive so I should enjoy myself and have time to finally write post cards. I can't believe I have almost hit the half way mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home