trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

7.08.2005

LONDON IS A LONG WAY AWAY FROM CHIMAL

Well I received an e-mail yesterday talking about what happened in London and I had no idea, London is a long way away from Chimal, where I am. I cook I clean I cook again and today is Market day so I am in town looking for a dust pan and another cutting board so we can have one for meat and one for fruit and vegetables. I never seemed to care so much about bacteria or purell for that mater but today we ran out of water. We paid for water the other day but it was not delivered, so we have no water in our pila (what we wash our dishes in). Norm and Mike went into town to have a meeting with the head of another non-profit so the Canadian Adam and I are in town and decided to hunt for the new ice cream store, but noone seems to know where it is but I have been and I know it exists. That is about my biggest worry today, well that and no water. We left the lid off the tank to try and get some rainwater, that will be our only option until the water is delivered. Norm and I plan on heading off to Nicaragua tomorrow by way of El Salvador, I am not sure about the rest of my trip because the people I was going to head to Panama with at the end of the month are leaving next Tuesday and I will not be there to meet them in time, maybe I will meet them in Panama City. I am trying to post phots but it is taking forever and I am reminded that the internet access is slow here, if I can get a few up then I will but other than that I will have to wait until I get to a bigger city. Yesterday we went into town and picked up some roperos that were donated to Norm from another non-profit. We took them home painted them, took out the broken pieces of glass, walked down to the adobe structures where the weavers live, ordered some telas and voila we had repaired the roperos and they are beautiful. They will be used for the interns that Norm hopes to bring down. I also had the guys paint the walls and added a little color to make it more interresting. I left my mark on the Long Way Home, my work here is done and it has been very rewarding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home