trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

6.16.2005

Two Weeks to go

Things have been hectic. I finished my observations at the Harlingen Literacy Center and hope to finish up my course by the weeks end. I have to write lesson plans and a 500 word essay, which I am not looking forward to. In other news I moved my ticket forward so that I could be in Central America longer. I am nervous that I will be gone for most of the next year with a brief stop in Texas over the holiday season and may possibly get very homesick. I am excited about the unknown and what I might learn about myself and others over the next year. I can't imagine teaching English but luckily I speak fairly well and will be the expert since I will be teaching non-native speakers. It is going to be hot, although it is hot here, the heat index was 110 yesterday, that is hot. So if you are ever bored, please e-mail me as the notes I recieve will be the only contact I have, and if you have my phone number I can receive text messages.

I will be in the states for two more weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home