trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

5.29.2005

Memorial Day, South Padre Island, Progresso Mexico and Cabrito

I have been sick for days now, the Typhoid Vaccine that I have had to take oraly for over a week is killing me. I finally took the last pill. I am trying to pack my bags now plan and see if everything will fit. I bought a very small back pack, 3/5 the size of what I am used to traveling with. I am not sure if this was a great idea but I thought it would be better than lugging around things I wont need but will feel compelled to throw in at the last minute. Norm is planning the first leg of my Central America and Xave's friend Jake has confirmed that I should contact him when I get to Costa Rica if I am interrested in a Panama adventure. As for this past weekend I had a very good time, we spent all day down onthe public access beaches with tons of people I grew up with, now of whom most are pregnant, have children or are married, and the day was very fun. We made s'mores, hotdogs, fajitas, etc... adn played in the sand and surf. That night I metup with some other friends one of whom I had not seen in over a year and proceeded to live it up at Tequilas a bay side bar that I used to frequent when I was 21 or so. The next day after having a morning dip in the Gulf of Mexico I headed back to La Feria where another group of people were meeting up to head to Mexico for the evening. this is when I finally had my first taste of Cabrito. We headed to Arturos for Margaritas and then made our way down to Chino Taco, a taco stand on the side of the main blouvard in Progresso Mexico. It was very noisy this very day becaue Mexico had qualified for the World Cup to be held in Germany next summer. They were driving down the strip, honking their horns, waving flags, and so we joined in the festivities. El Chinito opened a special pot he had brewing on the side and made me a cabrito taco and as I ate it he pulled out the head to prove to me that it was indeed a goat, yum.... after that I stuck to the trompe of meat and just had tacos and lunches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home