trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

5.04.2005

Via Con Dios

I have come to realize over the last year that as one door closes another opens. What I failed to realize or rather anticipate was that as that door closes one begins to realize all the wonderful things left behind the door. Many of you have been a part of that realization.

I have made peace with my decision to leave Austin by convincing myself that if I was lucky enough to meet so many wonderful people in one place then there are more out there and I must find them. I know it will never again be the same dynamic.

Many changes have happened in my life since I have worked here and many of you have been around to witness these changes, both good and bad you have been there for me, many without even realizing it. For that I am eternally grateful. I think in the future I would like to remember this place in a slow motion Saturday Night Live kind-of-way; one of the shows that plays the highlights of the comedian after they leave SNL. I believe my mental farewell show will be peppered with memories of all of you, along with breakfast club, company picnics, dog photos, happy hours, babies being born, weddings, pot lucks, testing conferences, meetings at the hotel, etc., etc., etc.... Oh, and laughter, lots and lots of laughter. That is the part I will miss most.

Since many of you have asked, here is my information:

I will be in Central America in July and part of August, Argentina for three months teaching English and then traveling through South America until I head home for the holidays. In January I will be heading to Spain to teach English for three months and then traveling for a couple more hoping to hit the World Cup in Germany Summer 2006. You are more than welcome to meet me anywhere along the way.

kel.phillips@gmail.com is the e-mail address you can reach me at and if you are ever bored or looking for a diversion you can follow my travels at: http://kilastravels.blogspot.com starting in early July.


I would like to end with a quote from my favorite author …

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." – Dr. Seuss (what you thought it was going to be Hemingway?)


Kelly Phillips - unemployed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home