trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

11.12.2007

3 Little Words

Eat, Love, Pray on Soulmates

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change you life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. And thank God for it."

Fuck, Marry, Kill on Boredom

While thinking about the book Eat, Love, Pray I started thinking about a game I play. A game introduced to me by a friend to help pass the time. A game more fun to play with others but a game that can be played alone with real people, fictional and cinematic characters or historical figures. Fuck, Marry, Kill... First find three people. They may be sitting at the bar, at the next table in a restaurant, it may be three politicians the likes of Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and George W. Which one would you marry, which one would you sleep with and which one would you kill (killing usually happens first and without much thought). You can make it difficult or easy, you can make the people beautiful or ugly and you can laugh your way out of boredom. I find the most fun thing to do is pick a group of people that are together, spring it on your friend... those three guys that just walked in the door... Fuck, Marry, Kill? Oh God, really?... is often the first response I get before the person starts to really ponder their options. So this morning I gave myself Mandela, Jimmy Carter and Gandhi... I was thinking of Peace efforts this morning as you might well guess. I then thought about how Gandhi wouldn't sleep with me because he did not believe in making his wife an instrument for sexual enjoyment and that celibacy was a superior state. So actually that cancelled him out for marriage and for sex as far as I was concerned. Then that left me with an even more inconceivable dilemma... Do I kill Mahatma Gandhi? Suddenly I realized I had killed the integrity of the game and moved onto Mark Ruffalo, Vince Vaughn and Eric Bana...


Happy Monday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home