trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

1.02.2007

It's a new year....

Since i last wrote I have had a lot going on. Christmas has passed, I headed down to Real de Catorce in Mexico, to Padre Island and then to San Antonio for New Years. I have more photos than I know what to do with. You can see some of the pictures from my Mexico trip at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kilastravels/

I will be putting up more photos both on Flickr and this blog but it will take time. I have been very busy.

The day after Christmas I headed down to Real with Jen and Joe. We stayed at the Meson Abudancia, and it was super beautiful y super tranquilo. After 6 hours of cuota(toll road), we traveled the last 40 minutes down the cobble stone road and through the tunnel and that is when children began running along side the car. One such kid jumped and then rode on the back of the car and all the way into town directing us to our hotel. We tipped him and unpacked our car. After we nestled into our room, without having to put down a credit card I might add, we headed across the street to a chilly bar and played a fun game that Jen brought. This place was magical. Real has a church in the center of town, St. Francis is the patron Saint, San Panchito as the locals call him and many people pay homage to him with retablos and cutting off their braids and leaving them for the saint and the tourists alike as a sign of devotion. We took a jeep ride to the outskirts of town and headed into a wonderful old church and an abandoned silver mine. I planned this trip as a photo opportunity and a diversion. I had not been out of the country in over a year and was desperately craving a new adventure. I had both. I hope to have photos up soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home