trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.04.2006

Watching the sun rise over the Gulf of Mexico

This morning I woke up early on South Padre Island and got to watch the sun rise. After the flashes of hot pink and orange subsided I hopped in my car and drove home. The clouds hung precariously low and by Los Fresnos I hit the fog. I forget how absolutely beautiful the morning can be down here. The palm lined roads, the vast horizon, the quiet. Last night I took a ride on the bungee chair. I waited trying to be calm and then we were off, as we reached the top suspended in motion the person I was with looked at me and said well you are being awfully quiet, I said yes but I am laughing inside. Then as we began to fall again I said well at least now you know how to shut me up. It was so awesome. I have to do it again some day. On Sunday I head to Denver, then onto Dallas for tennis sectionals. I am excited about travel again and visiting people. I am also ready for the fall and cool weather........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home