trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

8.04.2005

Now in Livingston

We made it after 2 busses, 2 micros and a boat ride to Livingston, a beautiful town on the Caribbean, that is full of color and local flavor... For sure. I have to back track a bit because I have been in such a remote area that I have not been able to update things in a while. Oh and while I am thinking of it Happy B/day to Benny coming up soon, I saw someone that really reminded me of you today!!! So anyway I was in Semuc Champey in north central Guatemala, we decided to head that way on or way to Belize and I was so happy we did, after a night in Coban we headed out and arrived at about 2 PM. Although we thought we were tired we read a sign advertising a candle lit cave tour and tubing. Well I was hot and I remembered all the good times I had tubing in central Texas and we decided to go. Well I was not really sure what I was getting myself into but I am glad I did not know because I am not sure I would have gone. We had to abandon everything but our bathing suits and were handed a candle. After lighting our candles we began to descend into the caves, filled with bats and water we climbed through waterfalls with ropes, swam with one hand holding the candle, climbed over rocks, scraped our knees, and I loved it. The only part that was a bummer was that I had not bought a waterproof camera yet and so I have only the memories in my head. It was amazing and I can't wait to do something like it again, yea spelunking , I'm in! So the next day we headed down to the pools and just lazed around in the turquoise and green waters of Semuc Champey, que bonita! I have now made it to the Caribbean and plan on relaxing a few days before heading to Belize for about a week and then I will be flying to Buenos Aires. I cannot believe so much time has gone bye, and that Central America is almost over, I could stay here for so much longer. Ok I am starving and will write more later when I think of it. Hope everyone is doing well, you are all in my thoughts... Sleep with the Angels... K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home