trav·els (trăv'uls)- v.intr. - To go from one place to another, as on a trip. Ki·la - (kE-la)- n. slang - A word deriving from south Texas meaning Tia Kelly.

6.23.2005

Dallas part 2

Today I drove around Dallas and visited the Arts District. I met a very nice man that used to be a SMU football player. He worked at the Trammel Crow Asian Arts exhibit. He told me all about jade carvings and the oriental pieces I was looking at. Hanging in the breeze way there were 1000 origami paper cranes, a book I read as a kid at the Montessori school (It is Japanese legend that folding 1000 cranes (senzaburu) so pleases the gods that the folder is granted a wish). After leaving the Asian exhibit I walked around the Nasher Sculpture Center also located in the Dallas Arts District, then I decided to forgo driving to Fort Worth and just came back to Jessica and Tyler's house to relax. On the way home I stopped to take photos of the beautiful murals painted on the buildings in South Dallas. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home